Thursday, July 17, 2008

What did we eat?

No, I didn't eat any bugs while in Africa...at least not willingly. I might have swallowed a bug or two at Camp accidentally. (smiles)

Every morning we had a granola bar, cereal or toast. For lunch every day we had water and PB and J. Let me tell you that I probably haven't had a PB and J in 5-8 years, but after eating them for a week, I've had two since I've been home from Africa. They taste pretty good when you're hungry in Africa. Every night we had to make 8 sandwiches each. (2 for me, 2 for my apostle, 2 for my evangelist and 2 extra) There was a competition about who could make the best sandwiches. I do think that Sean (our villa mate friend from Texas) won each and every night. He mastered covering every corner of that bread with pb and jelly.

In the evenings we met together in a conference room/club house for dinner, testimony time and meetings. We had chicken, french fries and salad 3 out of 7 nights, pizza 2 of the nights, and beef tips and rice the other 2. The food was adequate at best, but hey, it's a mission trip. I'm not there to critique the food. We returned to the villas still hungry most nights, especially the teenage boys. Almost every night, we had a pb and j sandwich as a nighttime snack.

Enjoy the pictures of our pb and j time! This became our bonding time and laughing time each night. Some of us were neat with our sandwich making, some were perfectionists (covering every corner), some just wanted to get it done and some ended up with jelly all over the floor each and every time!






Who's joining me next year? It really is the trip of a lifetime!

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

Okay, that pile of PB&J mess is not enticing me to go to Africa:)