We arrived tired and only one piece of luggage didn't make it. Here's some pictures of our times at the airport. Sleeping, listening to the ipod, and playing travel Scrabble thanks to Brian's purchase.
Here we are getting ready to play Scrabble at Starbucks. I would've beat the boys for sure if some Englishmen didn't decide to get involved and tell us that "ax" actually has an "e" on the end of it. Come on that was triple points. Well, we never finished the game and I would've won because I did finally get my "e" for the word axe. My competitve nature coming through....Big Nanny would be proud.
We found a Starbucks and here's J.T. (Jack and Kathleen's son) just being silly. We had been travelling for days, and we needed every bit of humor we could get! I've never laughed or cried so much in a week's time.
Here's our villa in Lusaka, Zambia. It is in an area (subdivision) called Mulungushi Village and life doesn't get more plush in Lusaka than here. Let me tell you that we were living plush for Africa, but not plush compared to the U.S. We did have electricity and occasionally hot water. There was a lot of dirt and dust at all times. I was dirtier in Africa than I probably have been in my entire life...but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. More pictures to come and you'll see why.
The boys room
This is "His Big Blue Bus" and it will become our transportation over the next week.



No comments:
Post a Comment