Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'd Leave 99 to Find You

Luke 15:3 So Jesus told them this story: 4 “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders...7 In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!

You're probably all familiar with the story in Luke 15. Jesus gives the illustration of a shepherd who loses 1 of his sheep. He is willing to leave 99 to find the one lost sheep. In the same way, a woman who loses her coin would diligently seek until she found that coin. How much more so, does a heavenly Father seek after those who are lost spiritually? This song (below) is on my Zambia music CD. I've heard this song countless times, but last night it meant something so much more to me.

Elizabeth asked me to read to her last night. She has a girls' devotional Bible and she randomly picks a story (so I think), but it wasn't random at all to God. God used the story of the lost sheep and the lost coin last night to remind me how precious even just one Zambian child is to Him. I almost started laughing when I saw the page she had opened for me to read. God is so good!

This song also says that "nothing in the world can keep Me away!". That's how Jesus feels about us. NOTHING could keep Him away.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words...add some music and it's worth much more. This video says more than my simple words could ever say. I hope you'll watch it!

No comments: