Thanks to those of you who said a prayer for me. Today, I feel much better. There is power in prayer and in the spoken Word of God.
When I lived in Germany my senior year of high school, I started dreaming in German. It was the strangest thing because people in my life who didn't even speak German would be speaking German in my dreams. They say that once that happens, you are close to mastering the language. I guess I believed that because I ended up making German my major in college.
I'm not dreaming in Nyanjan, but I do dream of Zambia almost every night. I'm thinking that means that part of my heart is still there, maybe always will be. Any of you that know me well know that I have a heart for missions and adventure. I would love to travel the world and so almost any mission opportunity sounds exciting to me...work for God and travel the world. I will say that I have no desire to go to India or the Middle East though, so I'm hoping God doesn't call me to either of those places.
My call to Zambia began in 2006 when I really wanted to go on the mission trip to China. God called me to Albania instead in 2006 and I didn't go anywhere in 2007. I was convinced that I would be going to China in 2008. I even began to recruit some friends to go with me to China. At our missions banquet in January, when they held up the Zambian flag and read about the trip, there was a lump in my throat and I got teary eyed. I thought, "No way Lord. I thought I was going to China". Well, that began the path to Zambia. Now, I can't imagine ever wanting to go anywhere else, but who knows what God has in store?
I'm hoping to return to Zambia summer 2009 and hoping that Derek can join me. All my blog reading friends are invited as well.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment