I have to confess that I wasn't even sure what a meme was. I understood the concept, but wasn't sure about the name. Maybe I learned this at some point, but a lot of my learning was motivated simply by the desire to get an A or an A+ in the class, not a desire to actually learn and retain anything.
According to Webster's dictionary, here you go.
Main Entry:
meme
Pronunciation:
\ˈmēm\
Function:
noun
Date:
1976
: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture
What were you doing 10 years ago?
We were living in Tennessee praying for a baby. We had started the process of doctor's visits and had officially been labeled "infertile". No hope without in-vitro was basically the diagnosis.
Favorite Snacks
Unsweet tea with Splenda from McDonald's (it used to be Diet Dr. Pepper, but I traded one addiction for another)
Fresh pineapple from Publix
Sun Chips
Snickers, anything with milk chocolate and caramel or milk chocolate and peanut butter
I don't like dark chocolate...Sorry, my dark chocolate loving friends
To Do List
It's too long to list. Have you seen my pile of laundry that needs to be ironed?
Look here.
Jobs I Have Had
Babysitter
Accompanist for instrumental competitions
Secretary at a landscaping company
Waitress
I worked on the assembly line at Chrysler one summer (yes I did!)
Honeybaked Ham (it's good money for a college kid and lots of hours at holidays)
Bob Jones University Post Office (yes, I did go to Bob Jones University)
Lord and Taylor (This was just spending money for my love of shopping, not actual income)
Junior High and High School Teacher (Math and German)
Mary Kay Consultant (free make-up...really it's not free)
Wife and Mom
Women's Ministry Director
Places I Have Lived
Michigan, Texas, Michigan, Germany, Michigan, Tennessee, Michigan, Tennessee
Do you see a pattern? Lord, please don't call us back to Michigan.
Bad Habits
Overcommitting
Doing things out of a sense of obligation, because I feel guilty if I don't do them
I'm kind of messy in a somewhat organized kind of way. I know where things are and can usually find them pretty quickly, but piles of papers tend to stack up in the office and on the desk and on the kitchen counter....you get the picture.
I tend to be very direct and forceful and preachy sometimes according to my hubby. This is hard to believe since my Zambian name is grace and the comments made about me in Zambia were that I was soft and mellow. I mean well, I really do, but I will tell you what I think whether you want to hear it or not.
5 Random Things People May Not Know
I was 6 days away from getting married to someone other than Derek in May 1993. Derek and I started dating in October 1993, got engaged in February 1994 and then married in April 1994. Some people told Derek I was on the rebound, but 14 years later prove otherwise.
On our first date, I asked Derek probably 50 questions. After what I had been through and how close I had been to marrying the "wrong one for me", I wasn't going to waste anytime. If Derek didn't meet the criteria, then let's just move on. Let's just say Derek made the mark and then some. He's a keeper! No one else could deal with me so patiently and lovingly. (after all, I am forceful and direct and preachy)
I lived in Germany my senior year of high school as a foreign exchange student.
I have some Southern blood. Even though I was born in Michigan, my mom was born in Mayfield, Kentucky and my dad's roots are in Paris, Tennessee. I cut my teeth on cornbread and grew up in Michigan drinking sweet tea with dinner each night.
However, I do not like collared greens, turnip greens or grits.
CDs I would want if stranded on an island
Just some praise and worship. I'm not particular, but if I had to pick, I would probably pick Chris Tomlin.
What I’d Do if I Were a Billionaire
1. Go to Lusaka, Zambia, Africa each summer. I would go for the full 8 weeks of Camp Life not just one. Derek would quit his job or at least work part-time so that we could all go as a family for the summer.
2. Obviously, pay every single bill, so that we'd be 100% debt-free forever.
3. Buy some more Brighton jewelry.
4. Anonymously fund others' mission trips.
5. I would pay for several houses to be built at the Tree of Life Village for Zambian orphans.
http://www.legacymissions.org/treeoflife.html
6. I would pay someone to clean my house and I would also install those beautiful wood closet organizers in each closet.
7. I would take my whole family on a vacation to Europe.
8. I would help pay off some of Big Nanny's fancy new preschool building (I know it's God's and not really hers) Hey, I have to return the favor since she's paying for my Africa trip each year when she becomes rich.
9. We'd definitely have to visit several theme parks a year, because the Jordan family loves roller coasters!
10. I'd share the wealth with anyone in need.
That's about it. A lot of this you may have already known, but it's been fun for me.
Back to Africa posts tomorrow!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Didn't know a lot but it was wonderful to get to know more about you. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for helping to fund "my building" and I'm glad to know that your closets are going to be awesome like mine.
The "bad habits" part is what cracked me up.....it just sounded like...me.
Post a Comment