<
I may have already written this at some point in the past, but sometimes God sends unexpected blessings and I call them "sweet kisses straight from God". Sometimes it's a front row parking spot when I'm in a hurry. Sometimes it's an unexpected note of encouragement. Sometimes it's a sweet new friendship or a word sweetly spoken from one of my children. Sometimes it's a verse of Scripture that I needed right in that moment.
And in Africa it's getting loved on by the same child two days in a row...unexpectedly. I didn't even know it had happened until I got home and started looking at the pictures. The first picture is this sweet girl at Katie's house getting a new pair of shoes on Saturday. Then on Sunday, she grabbed my hand as soon as I got off the bus at Canaan's Children's Home. These two places are not close...probably about 10-15 minutes away by bus, so I'm not sure how some of the children ended up in both places. She sat with me through most of the singing and Bible story time. At some point, we got separated and I was with other children. And then right before we left, she found me and Tabby took our picture. I'm not sure of her name, just that God sent me a sweet kiss that I didn't open until I was back in Tennessee.
He is a big God and He does exceeding abundantly. I went to Africa to be a blessing and I came home incredibly blessed. I can never thank Him enough or give Him enough praise. He is a God who is involved in the details of our lives...don't ever doubt that!



1 comment:
Beautiful eyes, that little one.
~H
Post a Comment