Monday, January 25, 2010

Keep Praying!

I keep writing about Canaan's Children's Home and I will eventually write about Ethiopia, but so many things happened at Canaan's that I can't put it all into words.

When Pastor Isaac picked me up in his car (I had spent the morning sick in the bed), it gave us some opportunity to talk. There were 3 other team members in the car, but I had the honor of sitting in the front passenger seat next to Pastor Isaac. (This felt weird because I was in the front left seat, but not driving since they have the steering wheel on the opposite side and drive on the opposite side of the road which is totally bizarre!)

One of the leaders on the trip said, you better be careful hanging around Pastor Isaac or he just might speak a prophetic word over you. I had the opportunity to ask Pastor Isaac about the little boy who was severely burned. I asked him about John and why he was crippled. I asked what process they used for deciding who they would help because I knew that there are always children needing a home. It was such a sweet time.

We were able to buy the girls at Canaan's new mattresses and sheets. There had been a fire in the girls dorm last year and so they have been sleeping in the hospital (on Canaan's campus) at night. They needed new beds for their dorm. It was fun to get the girls come and collect their new "mats".


We also got to wash their feet and give them gospel (colors of the gospel) flip flops.


At some point after the mattresses...Pastor Isaac came up to me and grabbed my arms, looked me in the eyes and said, "Mama, keep praying!!" He then walked away. He didn't say what to pray about or who to pray about, just keep praying.

I thought, "Is this my prophetic word?" (I'm not looking for a debate about prophetic words, so please don't email me.) I just stood there and thought, it's definitely a word of encouragement. There are things that I've prayed about in the past and I just kind of gave up because they didn't happen. His encouragement to me gave me hope. It reminded me that God's ways are not our ways. His thoughts and ways are higher than our thoughts and our ways. I just need to trust Him and keep praying about those desires of my heart!

I adore Pastor Isaac and his love for children and God's Word. Tomorrow, I'll tell you the very special story about Pastor Isaac and how he was called to be a father to the fatherless.



Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 24-25

No comments: