The poverty in Africa...the corruption of government....the plight of the orphan....the devastation in Haiti...the wealth of America....it all sickens me.
On a much lighter note...if you doubted if I really bagged a bunch of plastic bags of flour or if the team leader really did laugh at me because my face was covered in flour by the time I was done....I give you Exhibit A and Exhibit B.
Those jeans started off a dark shade of denim and turned a nice shade of white flour by the end of the day.
Exhibit A -- packing flour bags by the side of the house. Tabby somehow stayed much cleaner than me.

Sizing precious feet inside Katie's house in my floured jeans :-)



4 comments:
It was several days on the trip before I realized that you were referencing the "flour" jeans, and not "flower" jeans. I kept thinking I do not remember her wearing any jeans with flowers on them. ;)
I just discovered yesterday that I knew Tabby! I've know her since she was in high school! I knew I knew a Tabby, I just didn't realize she was the Tabby I knew! Small world!
I love reading your blog- even the ones that are difficult to read- they remind me of the things that are really important if life! Thanks for being a willing vessel!
no, sumer...remember Big Nanny wears flower jeans. Where are those jeans, BG??
So sweet seeing you get "dirty" for the children. =) I am glad it is captured in pictures! Also, I think Big Nanny wears heart jeans...;)
It is nice for the readers to have a light hearted, flour covered Alicia post in the midst of all that is going on in the world.
I saw people in Haiti on the news praising the Lord. Thank you, Lord!
Tracey
Post a Comment