Stephen lost one shoe, not both, just one. We tore several rooms in the house apart looking for the shoe. I looked under furniture, on top of furniture, in bathroom cabinets, in drawers...everywhere I could think to look. So, it was missing for several days. It drove me crazy. I can't stand for something to be lost. I offered a $5 reward to the finder of the shoe. I thought if somebody had hid it, they would fess up.
Last night, I found the shoe. It was wedged between Matthew's headboard and the wall. Not sure how it got there, not sure I want to know. I was so excited!
Then I went looking for some pictures we had made last fall. I wanted to put them in the frame that I finally bought. I knew where they used to be, but they aren't there now. I tore the office apart last night and looked for over an hour for those crazy pictures. Derek joined in the search because he saw a frustrated and frantic wife. I finally called it a night and went to bed. I woke up every hour (seriously)! I don't know why I woke up, but every time I did I would think about those pictures and wonder where they could be. I woke up this morning thinking about those pictures. It's driving me bananas.
And then the conviction came, the Lord spoke in my spirit and said, "How do you think I feel about those that are lost and need a Savior? Don't you think I'm always looking for just one more person to give them a clue--to point them to Christ? You're concerned about some pictures that have no eternal value, but I'm concerned about those lost souls all around you?"
The Lord loves the lost more than I love the pictures. I'm convicted, I'll admit it. I miss opportunities each week to touch the life of someone hurting or someone lost because I'm frantically involved in things that really just don't matter. I need some priorities that line up with God's heart.
I'll look for those opportunities this week to encourage the hurting or share the gospel with the lost, still hoping though that what once was lost will be found---pictures and peoples souls!!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment