This Christmas, our family is trying to be intentional about Christmas. We are trying to focus more on Christ and less on us. We are trying not to shop, shop, shop til we drop. We are incorporating Matthew West's book and song Give This Christmas Away and looking for ways to give of our resources and our time and our love. A lot of them are simple...pack a shoebox, hold the door for someone, give the waiter/waitress a very big tip just because, buy a cup of coffee for a stranger, smile, and the list goes on and on.
I found this video intriguing and convicting all at the same time. If you're reading this and I'm on your Christmas list, cross my name off. Give the money away to someone in need--someone who needs clean water or a warm blanket or a month's worth of food. I'm serious. We are blessed abundantly and we need more Jesus and less stuff!
Go to Advent Conspiracy for more information.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment