Too many.
Too many what?
Orphans. There are over 140 million across the world. Today is Orphan Sunday. Several of us sported our baseball 147 Million Orphan tees. You can buy one here . Part of the proceeds go to feed children in Uganda.
My Matthew (8 yrs. old) told me that my shirt should say 147 Million plus one. He was being funny, but I want it to say 147 Million minus one or minus two or minus five hundred.
I hope our church explodes with hearts that decide to rise up and care for the orphans...not just feed them, not just visit them, but make them part of our forever families.
If you want to know about orphan awareness, you can go to this site.
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Proverbs 31:8
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
"I hope our church explodes with hearts that decide to rise up and care for the orphans...not just feed them, not just visit them, but make them part of our forever families."
ME TOO!
P.S. I've been praying a real specific prayer--maybe you'll be the person in whom God fulfills it, if it is His will. Or maybe you and Sumer and Angela (and your husbands too of course!).
Post a Comment