God's been telling me something lately...we all have a bent. Some have a bent towards numbers, some might have a bent towards books, some have a bent towards people, but we all have one. It's God given.
Max Lucado talks about this in his book, The Cure for the Common Life -- Living in your Sweet Spot. My sweet spot is not anyone else's. God intended it just for me. He also talks about our children and how they have a bent and to be quite honest, I haven't always liked the bent one of my children has, but there's no denying that it's God given. We are complete opposites -- this child of mine and me. Sometimes I wonder if God just wasn't playing a big joke on both of us. Let's see if these two can get along! I drive him crazy and he drives me crazy. But I know that God is going to use his bent and it's our job to help develop and refine it.
This pastor talks about knowing your child's bent on his blog. It's a good little read reminding us..."don't try to make your child into something they're not". I need that reminder daily because the two of us are like sandpaper rubbing each other smooth. But maybe that's been God's plan all along to refine both of us into a better image of Christ.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Did you see my post today? (Friday) Needed that!
Post a Comment