Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things You Probably Don't Need to Know

Elizabeth lost another tooth, this time on the bottom. She was eating nuts at school and the tooth went down with the nuts, so we have to leave the Tooth Fairy yet another "I swallowed my tooth note." Good thing, the tooth fairy is flexible!

Elizabeth also informed me that today they had trapel (chapel). She then asked me, "Did you know that Latin is dead?"

Matthew is tired of saying "thou shalt". (They are obviously learning the 10 commandments). We are working on his handwriting because it is terrible. He came home today and said, "I saw someone else's paper and they did a better job than me, so I'm going to work hard and do a way better job this time." It's all about competition with him.

Stephen is thriving at school and asking me questions that I just don't know the answer to. Maybe I need to go sit in a 3rd grade classical classroom. He asked me again about the Minoans and the Mycenaeans and the Greeks and I just don't know. Who's the history whiz out there that we can call when we need answers?

It's also exciting when I pick up Elizabeth to hear them quoting Psalm 23. This was our focus of Camp Life (Zambia). We sing "The Lord is my Shepherd, He gives me everything I need" on the drive home. I hope that these biblical truths are finding deep roots in their hearts. God promises that His Word will not return void!

That's the scoop on school!

1 comment:

jam'n bell said...

I learned Latin when I was young. Unfortunately for me, I do not remember a lick of it. When I was Catholic, we used to go to Latin mass. Wonder if I'd still speak it if Baptist churches spoke this. Hmmm.