Thursday, August 21, 2008

Are You Smarter????

On the 40 minute commute to school, which by the way should only take 20 minutes, but oh the joys of a growing city with lots of schools. Anyway, Stephen starts talking about the Minoans and the Mycenaeans (yes I had to look up the spellings) and I'm thinking, I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Where did he read this, hear this, learn this, etc.? Well he learned it at school this week. I don't know if I ever learned about the Minoans and the Mycenaeans and if I did, obviously it's lost somewhere in my brain because the story he told sounded like a first to me. So I'm thinking, "Hmmm...my third grader is smarter than me".

Then Matthew's teacher sends home a note saying, ask your child about creation, about worker bees, about longitute and latitude. So Matthew goes on to give us a thorough explanation of all of the discussion assignments.
According to Matthew,
"Did you know that the worker bees are all womans?"
I'm thinking to myself, "Well now, that doesn't seem very fair"
He goes on to give us many details on honey bees that quite honestly, I just don't know. What did I learn in school?
Once again I'm thinking, "This kid is going to be smarter than me soon."
Then he says, "The boy bees just help the queen have babies."

Well isn't that just lovely. That surely doesn't seem fair!
Tell me it isn't so!

No comments: