Any of you that know Matthew, he really needs no introducing. He loves to laugh and make others laugh. He loves to laugh, did I already mention that? Even if you don't think it's funny, he entertains himself and still laughs.
For example, here we are trying to get a sweet Mother's day shot of mom and middle child. He decided to give me bunny ears and even if no one else thought it was funny...he did!
I asked him where he wanted to go for his birthday (I'm thinking zoo, Chuck E. Cheese, restaurant (hoping he doesn't pick McDonalds), etc.)
Matthew says, "Well, if it's not too crowded, let's just go to Disney World".
Derek and I both told him we thought it was too crowded.
Matthew, "Ok, let's just go to Chuck E. Cheese."
So, that's where our family spent Matthew's birthday last night. My dad wants to have his 65th birthday there and my sweet sis-in-law said she's never been to Chuck E. Cheese. What is that all about? I didn't think that was possible. Derek reassured her that once they have children, they'll have plenty of opportunity to frequent Chuck e. Cheese.
Matthew needs to be some sort of salesperson some day. He does not take no for an answer. Really he doesn't even hear the word "no", because he just continues to plead his case. Honestly, he can wear you out! I told Derek that he's going to sell something...maybe he'll sell Jesus (preacher), if not that, then I hope he sells something where he can make lots of money and send his mama to Africa each year!
This is one of my favorite pictures of Matthew. This was just a sign of the fun times to come with Matthew. His smile can melt your heart.
Thank you God for sending him to our family!
Matthew, you're the best! Happy 7th Birthday!



3 comments:
Too cute! Happy Birthday Matthew!
OH and tell your dad they have a grown up Chuck E. Cheese at Opry Mills Mall. Brent is SOOO wanting to go. I think it is Dave and Buster's or something like that.
Tell Matthew Miss Carol said Happy Birthday - LATE! ;) I miss him in Basic Training. Don't tell the others, but you KNOW he's one of my favorites! (I don't think I told you this, but he invited me to go to Kings Island with you all for his birthday last year!) I could always count on Matthew for a good laugh. We often discussed creating an "Overheard and Quotables" area for Basic Training and Boot Camp, mostly to help remember the "Matthew funny of the day"! I LOVE THAT KID!
Happy Birthday, Matthew!
I miss you in Sunday School. Have fun in first grade!
~H
Post a Comment