Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Challenge

Our missions coordinator told us that we would be taking a 30 lb. carry on suitcase and two 50 lb. checked suitcases to Africa. All of our personal belongings need to go in our carry-on. The checked bags will be used for missions supplies. Do you think that I can fit 10 days worth of clothes into one small checked carry on? It's going to be the challenge of a lifetime!

See Exhibit A....this is the luggage for a 7 day vacation with the family.


Exhibit B
No picture...just the fact that I love shoes and between the 5 of us, we had over 20 pairs of shoes in our hotel room.
Alicia -- 6
Derek -- 4
Stephen -- 4
Matthew -- 5
Elizabeth -- 4

Granted some of them were flip flops for the pool and we each needed a pair of church shoes, but still 23 pairs is probably a bit much for a 7 day vacation.

Anyway, I'm going to be shopping for the lightest suitcase I can find so that I can maximize my space. It should be fun!

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

FYI-I'm not giving up any of my suitcase space for your shoes;) don't try to sneak them in when I'm not looking.