Matthew decides to tell his teacher last night at church that he's allergic to milk after he's had two pieces of pizza. I think it about sent the teacher and some other students into a panic. For the record, he's not allergic to milk--just a little lactose intolerant. We tried to explain the big difference to him last night, but not sure he completely comprehended. He's all about getting some attention.
He told his Sunday School teachers that he speaks Latin. "Speak" might be a strong word. He does know some Latin--way more than I do for the record. They learn Latin at school. Anyway, his teacher asked him if he knew pig latin and Matthew told them, "No way, that's a college course". Did anyone take that in college?
His 2nd grade teacher told me on Wednesday that we needed to work on measuring with a ruler and drawing a straight line. Start at the dot, draw a line that's 6 inches, etc. Derek said, "He knows how to do that". Well obviously he didn't in class, because his teacher said something to me about it. After Derek talked to Matthew about it and Matthew successfully did it several times, Matthew said, "I was just messing with her". I'm going to mess with him if you know what I mean.
Nobody makes me laugh more than Matthew. His smile just melts my heart. His tenacity and perseverance exhausts me most days, but he'll make a great salesman or preacher some day. He's not lacking in self-confidence and always wants to be the center of attention. I praise the Lord because Matthew is fearfully and wonderfully made. Pray that Derek and I will have some patience "refining these gifts" in Matthew's life. I trust that God has big things in store for him.



1 comment:
He is a hoot! I love hearing Matthew stories!! And your last paragraph sums up what I pray each day over Mason. I know he will do mighty things for God's kingdom and glory with that strong will he has!!
Post a Comment