And then this blog post was in my email this morning and I knew...this was my word for 2012.
And so here are a few glimpses into my "authentic life in 2012".
Here's what I definitely want to accomplish or God to accomplish in my life in 2012!
I want to yell at my kids less and hug them more.
I want to read through the Bible this year. I cannot do it in a year. I am not disciplined enough. I tried...several years...and by July...well, I'm just so far behind, I give up. And so I decided to try to read it in 90 days. I thought that maybe I could be disciplined for 90 days. It sounds easier than 365. We will see. I am only on day 2 of the reading plan.
I want to have a little African boy sitting at our dinner table in 2012.
But most of all, I just want to live an authentic life so that others don't see goodness or perfection or even me at all, they just see Christ. They see what God can do with a heart that's willing to serve Him completely. I need some love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Some of these fruit of the Spirit are stronger in my life than others. I'm hoping to stretch those weaker muscles this year.
I hope you'll consider living authentically in 2012. Living any other way is just...unauthentic.



2 comments:
Always love your post. I heard about this concept a couple of days ago and I keep thinking about it. The two words that come to my mind are hope and intentional. But I haven't picked one yet. Maybe my word should be decision....I'm usually bad at that. Ha!
Amen sister. As usual, you inspire me.
Post a Comment