Last fall God started stirring in my heart the word "authentic". I think I heard a sermon series or something and then I kept seeing it everywhere. Derek and I started talking about how we wanted to live authentic lives....lives that are real...honest....sometimes brutally honest. We all know that life is hard, so I don't know why we're afraid to admit when life gets hard.
And so my second word ties in with our adoption. Surrender. I want to fix this. I want to bring a little boy home. I want to fly to Africa and help file some paperwork myself. But God continues to tell me that I need to surrender this to Him. He reminds me that He will fight for me (Ex. 14:14)
Elizabeth said last night, "Do you think he is coming home in February?" I had to say, "No baby, he's not." Our children are learning some perseverance in prayer. They pray for their little brother every night. And honestly, I am having to learn that same perseverance. I pray and then pray again and days and weeks and months go by and nothing has happened.
And so I surrender our adoption to God. He is the only one who can make the impossible possible.
But it's not just our adoption...it's careers and parenting kids and new opportunities and new ministries and middle school hormones and sibling rivalry and busy schedules and friends in crisis. The thing is...I can't fix any of this. I can't make any of this successful. And so I just surrender and live by faith. His plan is so much better than mine anyway.
God always has and always will look for men and women who say to Him, 'I trust you so much, I'm all in. I want your way not mine. I am willing to live by faith!' Chip Ingram



No comments:
Post a Comment