I heard a sermon recently about being a "favor finder". This was in reference to God's favor in our lives. We pray for it, but then sometimes we don't even recognize when it when it comes.
I've been more intentional the last two weeks about looking for "favor" or those "sweet kisses from God".
Here are just a few simple ones.
A close parking spot at the mall.
I paid for a stranger's meal at the McDonald's drive thru one day and this woman went crazy with gratitude. She was blowing her horn and yelling out the window how I had just made her day. I meant to be a blessing, but instead I was majorly blessed. It made me want to pay for someone's meal every day! :)
Elizabeth has a solar system project at school (NOT my thing...projects...they may be the death of me this month of December). Anyway, a trip to Joann's today to buy dowel rods and styrofoam balls of all sizes and acrylic paint, etc. As I stood in the aisle staring at styrofoam balls, there was one, just one, solar system kit on the aisle. All items included in this kit. Honestly, I wanted to shout hallelujah in the store. I didn't, but I did just stop right there and thank God that I found favor at Joann's.
And so during this busy month of December, I have found favor at the mall, at McDonald's, at Joann's and who knows where else it's been and I didn't even recognize His favor.
Are you looking for His favor? I promise you'll find it if you just look.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Psalm 84:11
Monday, December 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I got a sweet kiss while at Disney. I stayed up late after everyone went to bed to listen in to the recorded conference call for my mission trip. I went to bed with anticipation and Haiti on my mind. The first thing we did at Disney (Hollywood Studios) was grab breakfast at a little place where a nice lady with from Haiti on her name tag handed out free cookies to my children with a big smile that warmed my heart!! I love it. I have also read a blog where she is being intnetinal and was blessed last week just by putting candy canes and Merry Christmas Cards on cars in parking lots. She has some great ideas!!!
Post a Comment