Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday's Takeaway

Sometimes you just need a reminder that our God is still in the miracle working business. Sometimes you need a reminder that nothing is impossible with God. This book was that reminder and it was a good read.



The title is Sun Stand Still...What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible by Steven Furtick

It's based on a passage in Joshua 10 when Joshua prayed and asked for the sun to stand still in the sky so that they could continue to fight a battle. God heard and answered a prayer that was prayed with audacity. I'm thinking that it doesn't ever hurt to have audacious faith!

Here are a few quotes from the book:
"The people who accomplish the most astounding things for God's glory aren't the people who feel the least fear. Often they're the ones who deal with the most intense fear. But instead of letting that fear disable their dreams, they start increasing their capacity for faith. They act on the part of God's direction they do understand. And they leave the rest up to him."

"Our audacious faith is not built on the fault line of feelings or the flood plain of our performance. We build our faith on solid ground. Higher ground. We build on the faithfulness of God."

"Audacious faith does not guarantee a crisis-free life. But audacious faith does enable you to seize the opportunity to see God's glory in the midst of every crisis in your life."

The book is full of stories from people in Scripture and people in his church who have prayed with audacious faith. And God has answered some Sun Stand Still prayers. Steven says, "If you're not daring to believe God for the impossible, you may be sleeping through some of the best parts of your Christian life."

I'm not willing to sleep through the rest of mine and so I'm believing God for the impossible. I'm praying with audacious faith and believing that God is going to answer some Sun Stand Still prayers.

If you're like me, then pick up the book and read it. It'll encourage you to believe God for more!

1 comment:

valerie in TX said...

Reading this book right now. I knew I needed to read it when I was already crying on page 2! :)