God has been showing off a lot the last week. I started the Believing God Bible study by Beth Moore (2nd time for me), but this time I'm believing God with an even deeper level of faith.
And so...here are just a few ways God kissed me the past few days.
1. I sent a verse to a friend to encourage her. In some ways, it was an odd verse...out of Daniel, but God impressed it on my heart as I was praying for her and so I sent it. She had just that morning written that very verse on an index card to meditate on throughout the day. Of all the verses in the Bible, God brought two friends to the exact same verse. He is so cool.
2. We're saving for an adoption...you know that. But sometimes God just gives you opportunities to bless someone else and so we did. It doesn't make sense according to the world's standards. The world says we should be holding our money tightly. But we obeyed God and He blessed us back more than double what we had given. He is so good.
3. There is someone I love dearly in Ethiopia, her name is Eden. I think of her and pray for her often. Almost every morning I buy an unsweet tea at McDonald's. Several times a week there is a girl named Eden that hands me the tea. Every time I see her nametag, I drive away praying for another Eden who's not close enough for me to hug. He is so faithful.
4. Parenting is hard. Sometimes Derek and I just feel like we're failing miserably as parents. Parenting adopted children adds a different element as well. I don't know if it's harder or not because we don't have biological children, but our house is constantly filled with conversations about adoption, birthparents, etc. And so when you get a card like this from your precious daughter, it can't be anything but a sweet kiss from God.
God amazes me. He sends me those sweet kisses just to remind me to keep doing what's right. To keep looking for those opportunities to bless others. He reminds me that He's all about people and not things. "All that is not eternal is eternally useless." C.S. Lewis
People are eternal, things are not. Let's invest our lives in people and not things and I just know that God will send you plenty of sweet kisses along the way.




No comments:
Post a Comment