Monday, September 12, 2011

Sometimes They Do Listen

You know how it is...you bring your children to church service and sometimes they seem like they're not even listening. Sometimes I just end up frustrated during the service because I spend my time telling them to get their feet of the chair, to stop writing on the offering envelopes, to stop fidgeting so much...it's a distraction to everyone around us, etc.

And then on the way home from church, I hear Matthew telling Elizabeth about the man who had demons and how he was chained up and no one cared for him. But Jesus released the demons from him and threw them into the pigs and the pigs drowned. And then I look over and see this on my daughter's notebook page. This is simply reaping what has been sown into her life...not just by us as parents, but by a church that loves the Bible and loves Jesus. And I'm just thankful and I pray that they "get it" down to the deepest parts of their hearts. Because if you really "get it", then your life is different and then you can be salt and light to a world that desperately needs a Savior!

1 comment:

JC said...

How sweet! Thanks for sharing with us Alicia. Hugs from JC