Monday, July 11, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

So in 2010, I signed up to lead a team in May 2011 to Ethiopia/Uganda. I signed up for this trip because it was the only Visiting Orphans trip going to Ethiopia and Uganda in 2011. I love Ethiopia, but I wanted to go back to Uganda. God had other plans though, because we ended up only staying in Ethiopia because of some political unrest in Uganda.

I also agreed to co-lead a youth group in June of 2011. Not sure what I was thinking with these trips being back to back. As excited as I always am to head back to Ethiopia, it was with some anxiety and fear that I entered into this trip. It would mean joining up with a tight knit group of youth and chaperones that had been planning this trip and fundraising for over a year. And I was to jump in and co-lead and share my love of Ethiopia with this group of youth. I knew they'd be silly, but I thought they might also drive me bananas.

But God is so good and He sent me such an awesome group of youth. I love each and every one of them. It's interesting how you start out as strangers and ten days later you're family. I love each and every one of these youth and chaperones. I am so thankful for the opportunity I had with them. There are several who I know have the tug to do something "radical" with their lives for Jesus. It's going to be great fun to watch the adventure ahead for them!

No comments: