If you think this post is going to be about discipling children, you will be disappointed. While I could write a post on that, I don't know that I have much to offer. If you think our children are well behaved and well mannered and obedient, well you haven't been around my children for longer than...let's say five minutes. One of my children believes that the solution to everything is physical contact...that's a blog for another day.
I saw this quote on facebook today, "Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most".
What I want now....
A new deck
A fall trip to Disney
New family room furniture
A fall trip to Disney
Curtains in all the downstairs rooms (we have lived here since 2004 and we still don't have curtains!)
A fall trip to Disney (did I already say that?)
What I want most....
a sweet little boy from Africa
And so, no trip to Disney for us in 2011. We are postponing until next year and believe that we'll have a new family member in 2012....and then we're heading to Disney. And maybe some of those other things on the list will happen in 2012, but for now we choose to give up what we want now because we're saving for what we want most....a precious little African boy.
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I thought I heard you were getting a teenage girl??
Post a Comment