Thanksgiving...so much to be thankful for. My list could go on and on, but the week of Thanksgiving brought a lot of sweet kisses this year.
Sweet kisses...unexpected blessings from God. He sends them probably every day, but we don't always see them. This week I feel like I saw them more clearly. They came in the form of...
-a sweet note from one of my children's birth relatives
-a hug from my three year old nephew...just because
-friendship...wow, too many to name here...some are lifelong friends, some are new friends, some are co-workers, some are former co-workers, but all of them are just precious and I am incredibly blessed
my kids making a big deal out of my birthday, even when I don't think it's that big of a deal!
-family...some by blood, some by marriage...all of them are lots of fun and all of them give me great blog material which you will probably never read...just because some things stay in the family
-and Thanksgiving morning, my birthday, I got the sweetest and most encouraging note from one of my children's birth moms. I wish I could share it, but it's private and precious. I read it early Thanksgiving morning on my phone and it brought tears to my eyes. Tears because she gave me a most precious gift, her sweet and precious child and only by God's design plan and the power of His love could I receive such an encouraging note from her a decade later.
But our God is an amazing God who showers us with sweet kisses all the time. Sometimes we miss them, sometimes we see them clearly. When we see clearly, then we see just a glimpse of our most precious Savior. The same Jesus that died on the cross for my sins is interceding on my behalf and He's asking our Heavenly Father to shower me with blessings...with sweet kisses. What an incredible and amazing God. I hope you don't miss Him today and that you feel a sweet kiss straight from the hands of our Lord.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment