Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh Happy Day!


Elizabeth and my dad were both baptized on Sunday! My dad decided a couple of years ago that he wanted to rededicate his life and he waited to get baptized with his only granddaughter. It was a very special day. I almost put a baptismal robe on and joined in on the fun! :-)

The pictures tell the story better than I could ever put into words. Thank you to PT for making it a special day for dad and Elizabeth!

Elizabeth's best friend MC stood by the baptismal with me and watched Elizabeth get baptized.


Telling everyone he loves Jesus!


And he's down...

And he almost went down a second time....Tom had to use lots of arm muscle to pull dad out of the water! :-)


Elizabeth was next. She wasn't nervous until she either saw all the people in the worship center or thought PT wasn't going to get Papa out of the water...not sure which one. I think PT could tell that she was getting nervous and didn't linger...down she went and back up again with her feet coming out of the water (she was completely immersed at one point for you sticklers!)

And what a day that will be when my Jesus we will see!! We serve an awesome God!

4 comments:

Rebecca T. Johnson said...

Absolutely the most beautiful moments in a person's life. Tears of joy are expected. :)
Oh, when I was baptized as a child yrs. ago in a creek, my foot came up first. I worried for yrs. that I still wasn't saved. Thank the good Lord, I've grown in my faith and knowledge of the Lord.
I'm happy for all of you!

Cheryl said...

Awesome!

Erin said...

This brings tears to my eyes, Alicia. What a special day!

Shawn said...

What an awesome milestone that those two share together.
~H