Thursday, June 17, 2010


Most of you know that I'm working two part time jobs and whew, it's crazy. That's a blog post for another day.


We had wanted to go to the beach, but decided to scrap it once the oil spill happened and then it seemed like it was taking forever for the oil to hit the beach, so I kept thinking maybe we can squeeze in a quick trip to the beach. My hubby is awesome and reworked his schedule so that we could get away for a few days.


We were going to go to his hometown, Pensacola Beach, but then they did find some tar balls on the beach and I just wasn't that excited about getting in the water if there was a possiblity of oil in it. And so we canceled our reservations and went to Panama City Beach.


It was beautiful and wonderful and relaxing. The sound of the ocean and the beauty of the water brings renewal and refreshment to my weary self. Eating outside breathing that fresh beach air...I love it! The white sand, oh how I love the white sand at the Gulf beaches. The water was 82 degrees warm...wonderful! The waves were fairly calm and there were very few jellyfish. I got sunburnt, we all had sand in our bathing suits when we returned to the hotel, but it's a wonderful place to be. Africa and the beach...probably my two favorite spots in the world.


I usually come home from Africa and say to Derek, "Let's just sell everything and move to Africa." On the last day of our short beach trip, I said, "Let's just sell everything and move to the beach." But the Lord is not calling us to move to either place, so we'll just be content in our sweet state of Tennessee.

No comments: