Sunday, May 23, 2010
She Did It!
Well, life's been crazy around here. You probably thought I would never return to this blog to post anything, but I'm back at least for a few minutes.
Elizabeth was bald until she was probably almost three. She finally got some hair and she decided she loved long hair. She thought it made her look like Princess Aurora...but I thought, this hair can be a blessing to someone else. So we've been talking for over a year about 12 inches of hair and donating it to someone else. She has been a little sad thinking about cutting her hair.
But the morning daddy left for Nicaragua, I told her, we're going to get your haircut today. She teared up...just a little...and said, today? So off we went. Deep down I felt like a bad mommy. Is this really right that I'm kind of forcing her hand, but as soon as Jodie cut the hair, Elizabeth looked in the mirror and yelled, "I'm going to be so cute". Oh yes she is! And the best part, she wants us to send her hair to the children in Africa. Somehow I don't think it would look right on their heads, so we'll opt for Locks of Love instead.
I absolutely love her heart though...she was thinking of those sweet children in Africa!
Thanks Jodie!! We love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
oh,...she is so cute!!! with that haircut!!! and what a sweet, sweet heart, too!
jodie, great job!
Very cute haircut but she needs to keep the bow:)
Too cute... I cannot believe I have not seen her in person. Or maybe I did and did not know it was her... LOVE IT
Oh she still is adorable! What a doll to want to send that precious blonde hair to Africa.
Post a Comment