Sunday, February 28, 2010

Leaving Soon....

Not sure what to say, except this trip wasn't on my radar. I've never really wanted to go on a mission trip to Central America...my love for Africa runs deep and it's the only place I've wanted to go.

God works in mysterious ways. He pricked my heart immediately when I first heard about this trip. I wrestled with the Lord for a little while, but then decided that I should at least pray about it. God confirmed the trip in several ways including a pineapple from the grocery store that was a product of Costa Rica. I really haven't lost my mind...but if the Lord speaks through a donkey, why not a pineapple? (The pineapple didn't talk...just an fyi)

So, we're heading to two orphanages in a poor city. These orphanages have never had a mission team come. What a huge opportunity and responsibility to be the first team to visit these two places! We are excited to do what God has called us to do.


And God has blessed me with three sweet friends from church that are along for the journey. This is a first time mission trip for each of them and I am as proud as a mama bear that they are taking this huge step! We are travelling with 6 others from the Nashville area and we'll be playing sports, doing crafts and of course telling about the love of Jesus! On Friday evening, we'll be working alongside a surfing and skate ministry which is just funny if you know me at all. My prayer is that I'll obey immediately every time in Costa Rica...even if it means getting on a surfboard or skateboard.



Pray for us...that God would do great things and that this nation would rise up and serve Him!

....let the little children come to Me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is awesome, Alicia! Costa Rica is a beautiful country. I've always wanted to go there. Glad you listened to the pineapple. (Well, God through the pineapple.) :)

Ashley said...

Can't wait to hear all about it.

If God can tell me great things through a shirt at Gap... I know he is into pineapples =)