Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Should've Learned Some Spanish

We arrived in Costa Rica on time. Our guide is wonderful and knows so much about Costa Rica. He has lived here for 13 years. We will be doing ministry, but also getting educated about Costa Rica. (smiles) He already shared too much information about bats, scorpions, 200 species of snakes and large spiders.

Tiffany and Carrie had a very large spider welcome in their shower...just one spider, but he was quite large. I quickly exited their room.

We will leave the capital city tomorrow and drive to the orphanage (about 4 hours). Pray that we find favor with the community and the orphanage workers.

We quickly stopped at a Target to buy bananagrams because I forgot mine (Hanks...I'm practicing for the Africa trip :-) and we saw three teenagers being handcuffed and put into a police car. That was the craziest thing about the day...unless you know JC from the Africa trip. He always adds some excitement and craziness to each day.

Love to all!

No comments: