Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Be Sure

Your Sin Will Find You Out....
or the same sins will be committed by your children.

I was in 3rd grade. I changed my report card from B's to A's. I then denied that I had done it. I told my parents that the teacher must have changed the grades. I sat in a conference with my parents and the teacher and still denied it. Determined and stubborn and I guess sinful. :-)

So fast forward many years later and Matthew forgot to bring his spelling words home. They were supposed to be alphabetized for homework. Derek wrote a note in Matthew's planner to his teacher saying that he didn't bring them home. This has happened before and he usually has to complete the unfinished homework during one of the recesses. Matthew decided to erase the note from Derek and then told his teacher that the note was intended for him and not for her. He kept talking and dug his hole deeper and deeper. So, she wrote us a note and told us to ask him about it. Derek then talked to him about lying and made him write an apology to his teacher.

I love Matthew's heart! He wrote most of this on his own.

4 comments:

Big Nanny said...

This cracks me up! I have an "s a" on lying (yes, that is what she wrote at the top of the paper instead of essay) that I would like to post but I can't:) Eventually you'll have to quit posting the funny things that your kids do.

tsgirl said...

Hi Alicia, I just ran across your blog on FB and had to take a peek. Matthew's story is adorable!! You can hear his tender heart speaking in his letter to Mrs. Moore. So sweet!!

I miss seeing you and am sorry our paths don't seem to cross much these days. Take care and merry Christmas! Sue

alisonl37174 said...

Bless his sweet heart! A lesson well learned, and likely not to be repeated!
Alison Leneski

Shawn said...

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE that kid? Big things are in store for him some day...big.good.things.
~H