Monday, February 9, 2009

For the record....

Every day is laundry day, but Monday is my big catch up on all the laundry, wash all the towels day, see the bottom of the laundry basket day (empty, yeah!), only to see it begin to fill as soon as tonight's pajamas hit the basket tomorrow morning.

Anyway, if I had a nickel for every rock that has been washed and then dried in my dryer...well, I'd be on a cruise somewhere right now. And if you have boys, then you know that it's not just rocks...sometimes it's bubble gum (which doesn't come off the washer and dryer walls very easily) or sometimes it's a pen or a nickel or like today, it's a peanut or two from Logan's because you know when you're leaving Logan's...that big barrel of peanuts is just so tempting!

3 comments:

Wags said...

Lestoil on the walls of the washer and dryer my friend...

somehow I know this and Reese hasn't even discovered her pockets yet. :)

Betty said...

Believe it or not...it's my hubby's pockets that I have to check and double check. We are talking pens, pencils, receipts, business cards, scrap paper, change, paper clips,gum, you name it! It literally takes an extra fifteen minutes to empty out his pants and shirt pockets. Oh....and you better not throw any of that away because he will be asking for it. So then the process begins again...YEAH for ME!!

Sumer said...

I agree with Betty, I have washed (and dried for a few minutes) my husband's ipod. The gum is usually my fault! I should have learned my lesson a long time ago.

And that big ol' peanut barrel at Logan's causes us trouble everytime!