Those were the exact words from the ENT today. We got "official" word today that Elizabeth's tonsils need to come out. The surgery will be over Christmas break, since the doctor said the recovery would be 7-14 days of misery. You have to love that prognosis. He also told me that I would have to become the wicked witch because she has to drink lots of fluids and she's not going to cooperate. Lovely...how's that news to brighten your day?
But, it needs to be done. Her tonsils are huge...they have always been huge. I am not kidding either. Just take a look sometime if you're that interested, but I'll spare you the details of a picture on the blog. We can improve her quality of life by getting them removed...that means a better night's sleep for her and no snoring. :-) She already has a great life if you ask me. She's always the happiest in the family, she complains the least and has an incredibly high pain tolerance...that is unless you hurt her feelings.
If you have any advice about pre-op, post-op or tips on making kids drink plenty of liquids when they feel terrible and don't want to cooperate, let me know.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I was wondering why you were taking her to the ENT. My sister has exceptionally large tonsils too. I would appreciate a picture so I can compare;)
Post a Comment