Monday, October 27, 2008

Randomness

Three reasons why I voted early for "LIFE"---Stephen, Matthew and Elizabeth.

Join me in praying for revival for our nation. I pray that next Tuesday our nation is shocked by the winner and that the polls and the liberal media are proved WRONG! If not, then I pray that Obama has a "come to Jesus meeting" and that he realizes that life truly does begin at conception and that it's not "above his pay grade" to know that. Search the Scriptures, it's clear. It's not open for debate.

We are surprising our kids with a trip to Disney for Christmas if Mrs. Claus can keep her mouth quiet. Santa however will have no problem because he could very easily take a secret to his grave. Seriously, he could work for the Secret Service or be a spy and no one would ever know. We're not going to tell them until we pick them up from school and then there will be a "package" for them with clues. Not sure what all is going to be in there, but that's the plan. I'm so excited to surprise them. I hope they get excited when they find out, otherwise Mrs. Claus will be so disappointed.

The funny of the day....Last night, we were studying Matthew's spelling words for the night and he had both its and it's on the list. I was asking Derek if "its" without an apostrophe is really a word. We're having this discussion and I'm trying to think when you would use its in a sentence and Matthew says "62 is better than you". I'm looking at him like "What conversation are you having?" Then he says, "Mrs. W is 62 and she's knows. She's older than you. She's not wrong." I dropped the conversation, but was still perplexed. Well according to webster.com, Mrs. W. is correct and I'm wrong. I give you the vocabulary lesson of the day.

Main Entry:
its

Pronunciation:
\ˈits, əts\
Function:
adjective
Date:
circa 1507
: of or relating to it or itself especially as possessor, agent, or object of an action

going to its kennel, a child proud of its first drawings, its final enactment into law

2 comments:

Betty said...

Your 3 reasons are the best reasons to vote early for "LIFE!"
Count us Apples in for LIFE in praying for our country!

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

We too are voting and praying for "life" in this election!

Also - your kiddies will LOVE their Christmas gift!!