The funniest note ever given to me was from Stephen several years ago. It was a post-it on my pillow that I found when I went to bed. This is what it said, "Dear Mommy, You are mean. Love, Stephen" Several things are humorous about that. If someone is mean, I probably wouldn't refer to them as "dear" and I probably wouldn't sign the note "love". But he made his point. That day I wasn't mean (I probably am on some days). I was just being a mommy and he didn't like it.
Here's the note Derek and I received last night.

It's hard to read, so let me fill you in. "I was not the best I could be. To say sorry, I will (after I get home) turn all the socks inside out, and I will make your bed. And I promise I will bring my folder home."
This probably needs some explanation. We gave all the kids an illustration last night about how to take your socks off so that they're not turned inside out. (It's a pain when you do wash to turn all the socks right side out. Their wives will thank me someday. Thanks to Mom J. because I have probably never had to turn Derek's socks right side out) Anyway, why he's making our bed...who knows? But he did make it this morning for us. The folder issue...well, let's just say we have two absent minded boys that consistently forget to bring their school folders home. Also, notice that it's "from" Stephen this time instead of "love" Stephen. Is there a hidden message? Probably not.
Seriously, they all crack me up! The joys of being a parent!



3 comments:
My favorite from Lindsey is a post-it, too. She had been told that she couldn't play the Playstation anymore for the rest of the week. About 30 minutes later, I found her in the playroom, door shut and locked. There was a post-it on the door that had a rather unflattering drawing of me, a circle around it and a bar through. I asked her what it meant and she said, "It means 'NO MOMMY'" -- sort of a "no trespassing" sign for me indicating I was not allowed in the playroom.
Still makes me laugh thinking about it.
Hmmm... maybe Stephen and Matthew can teach Pastor Reagan about that whole sock thing. As many wonderful things Mom W passed on, that whole sock thing wasn't one of 'em. :) he he
Ummm... Brent pulls his off with the toes of the other foot. And they are wadded in a ball. All other socks are inside out and they stay that way. I do not turn them, so they have to when they put them on again. I realize they may not be getting as clean, but I still win because they are the ones fixing them to put them back on... one of the things I had to just let go of.
Post a Comment