Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ready to Blow Out the Candle


Do you know what this little girl is thinking?
Why do I have to wait? Why are you taking pictures? What is the purpose in that? I just want to blow out the candle and eat the cupcake...waiting is no fun....
And the answer from mom is because we all need to learn patience and some day you'll be glad you have this picture.

And that's what this girl (me) is thinking too. Why do we have to wait? Why isn't our case already before the courts? What's the purpose in the waiting...waiting is no fun! And God's answer is...because I am God and I am saying that it isn't time yet. And there is purpose in the waiting because I am going to teach you many things during the journey. And some day, you'll look back and you'll thank me. And everything will be much sweeter because you patiently waited. And so we wait...that's the update. We wait on the Lord to move. Just like Elizabeth in this picture...some days I feel like I can see our "promised land"...our son. Some days I feel like I can hear him and smell him, but he's just out of reach and God has told us to wait...it's not time.

And so I cling to verses like Psalm 27:13-14 that say
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD
.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh oh oh how I can relate! Our biggest waiting stories were in selling our houses (6 months and 9 months!!) but each time there was a reason. For our house in Nashville, we had to wait 6 months because God knew the house we were to live in would not be for sale until that time. For down here, God knew the house we were to be in was not even built, the subdv may not have even been started! But God knew WHERE we needed to be and so we waited. And as hard as it was, with many tears and impatient temper tantrums, it was all in God's perfect timing. Here's to holding out ... I'm saying a prayer for you today!