So if you didn't figure it out and if you're not on facebook, yes we are adopting from Africa... a place that Derek and I both love dearly.
Our kids are excited and Derek and I are once again drowning in adoption paperwork and forms. It is all too familiar as we've done this three times already, but now we're adding the international twist to it. We have completed our homestudy and are now beginning to collect documents for our dossier. Fun stuff!
I could give you plenty of reasons why we shouldn't be doing this....we're old, it costs a lot of money, our kids are all in school and our schedules aren't as crazy as they were in the preschool years, we are finally all sleeping through the night, we are old (did I already say that?), Derek said that we shouldn't jump on the adoption bandwagon (I told him we were already on that wagon), but seriously we're not the type of people to do things because it's the "in thing". We are the type of people to do things though because it's the "right thing" to do.
And so after seeing what we've seen and holding little ones that need homes, we decided that this is the right thing to do for our family. I read this a few months ago, "the key to happiness is not being loved, it is having someone to love." Derek Prince
We think we have a little more love to give and there are plenty of precious children that just need someone to love them.
And so, our journey begins....



1 comment:
Having the HS done means you are close to having the paperwork done right? At least for China, most of the dossier docs are part of the HS anyway.
Can't wait to hear more details. Do you know her already??? Or waiting for a match??? Africa is NOT a country (I know you know that), so where in this large continent?
OK, sorry to be nosy!!! Love you and Derek and can't wait to watch the Lord's will unfold for your family and this precious child.
Post a Comment