Monday, March 7, 2011

Mentor Monday

Matthew, Stephen, Rob, Garri (missionary from Russia), Elizabeth

So sometimes you might gain a mentor through marriage. Rob is one of Derek's pre-Alicia friends and honestly I couldn't ask for a better friend. He is Uncle Rob or "Wob" as Matthew said for years.

We call Rob our "modern day Paul". He's a single guy who's given his life to the Gospel. He is a field representative for a Slavic organization called Slavic Missionary Services. He travels to Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and other former Soviet Union countries. He knows the Bible like no one else I know and he's also our "go to guy" when we need someone to pray without ceasing for us. Tough Bible question, he's the guy. If you need someone to be silly with your kids, he's the guy. He always comes with lots of fun stuff that this mom doesn't normally allow in her house....like paint and things that grow up to 600% when you soak them in water, etc.

So he was here for too short of a time this past week. He brought a Russian missionary with him. I loved having them in our house even though I am the very worst hostess alive. Garri spoke great English and so that was so much fun for all of us because Rob didn't have to translate the conversation for us.

For our friend Rob, we can truly say, "I thank God every time I remember you".

No comments: