Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reevaluation

I read a recent blog recently about renewing your New Year's resolutions and ditching the ones that aren't worth keeping....at least for this year.
So here's an update for inquiring minds....

Still not on a diet...kept that resolution! :-)

Kind of training for the half marathon....at this point, it looks like Big Nanny and I will be walking/running/walking/running the half. That's more than we did last year and neither one of us like our 6 am dates in the morning!

I decided to drop the "read through the Bible in a year". I got about 20 days into it and other Bible study/devotional obligations made this a goal that probably isn't going to be attained this year.

Our family has only memorized 3 verses so far, so we're short of our once a week goal, but 3 is better than none.

We are working on manners and flushing the toilet. I wish this one was already complete, but it's not!

I have read a book at least every two weeks and I so wish that I had more time to read.

Still trying to slow down a bit although it seems that things are busier than ever. I am trying to be more sensitive to those "divine appointments" that God brings into my life.

Sabbath--I'm doing better....taking some down time on a Saturday or Sunday and disconnecting from my work email. I wish I could say every Sunday has been a huge success, but some have been work email free.

And of course, I am making small steps to deepen the consistency of my walk with the Lord. Some days are better than others.

Above all, I am thankful that His mercies are new each morning.

No comments: