Monday, July 19, 2010

He Sees Each Tear That Falls


He puts them in His bottle (Psalm 56:8). What a tender God we serve!

There are two little children that captured my heart and God won't let me forget my short time with them. I think of them often. I pray for them when they come to my mind...just like Joel and Yasin and Alexis and Keoshira and Carolina and the many more. They are faces in my mind and places in my heart that have been forever changed because of the touch they've had on my life.

This story I don't even want to write....I don't want to think about it, but these two children are in my heart and I think about them every day since I've been home.

The father that should be protecting this sweet six year old little girl has instead chosen to do things that I can't even mention. She is a timid girl...she hardly even spoke...I rarely saw her smile. She cried, really she sobbed for her mother one day when we were leaving. Honestly what little girl wouldn't want her mommy...the only mommy she's ever known. I just kept thinking that as those tears fell...the Lord knows and the Lord sees and He's catching these tears. My heart was being ripped in two because I knew her story. I knew why she was timid...I knew why she said very little and I knew why she didn't smile and giggle like some of the other girls. She missed the fun beach day because she had to go to a forensic medical appointment. Frustrating...no six year old girl should have to endure that. I wanted to bring her home and let her have a daddy that adores her and loves her and protects her. A daddy who would teach her about a loving, heavenly Father that has immeasurable love for her. And yet, I had to walk away and it was hard, very hard.

And after further investigation, they decided that the home wasn't a safe place for her brother either. And this one captured my heart with his long eyelashes, his playful spirit, his incredible smile and the large scar on his cheek that probably has a story of it's own. The evil in this world sometimes seems almost too much to bear, especially evil against children. But then I remember that the victory is already won. Good beats evil and the enemy has been defeated. The day of vengeance will come. There is a Judge of this earth and people will give account.
And the God that I serve can do exceeding abundantly in the lives of two precious children whose lives have been overturned. There isn't a mountain that our God can't move and I trust and believe that He has great things for Adela and Marvin.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these sweet children ! It is so hard for me to not be able to do more to help them. I just wanted to wrap them up and bring them home and love them as my own !~Kim