Every time I go on a mission trip, something different pulls at my heart. Sometimes different things hit me on different days.
Day 1 at Coco's and we were all introducing ourselves in Spanish which is funny in itself if you've ever heard me try to speak Spanish. :-) One of the tias said that this baby was 7 months old and she didn't have a name. Obviously, that did not go over well. We also thought that there was no way possible that this baby was 7 months old because my babies were bigger than this little one when they were newborns. Brian asked a few more questions and they held to their 7 month old status.
It bothered me all day and all night that this sweet little one didn't have a name. I guess they are waiting on the mom who is addicted to drugs to either name the baby or the government would name the baby. I wanted to tell the tias (nannies) to just name the baby. She needs to be loved on and she is an individual created by an Almighty God. But unfortunately, the relationship is not there for me to say anything and so I just prayed for God to be near to this sweet one.
After some further questions, we found out that the baby was born at 7 months and was now one month old. Gwen decided from the very beginning that this sweet baby was her assignment. I don't even think I held her for more than 5 minutes because she was almost always in Gwen's arms, which is incredibly sweet! Amazing how the Lord moves different people to different assignments.
And every day when I saw this little one, all I could think of is the song that says "He knows my name....He knows my every thought....He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call..." And that's about the only thing that brought me comfort regarding this situation. I know that the Lord is all knowing and all seeing and I trust that He'll intervene on this sweet precious little girl's behalf. All the days ordained for her were written in His book before there was yet one of them.



6 comments:
I only have tears, no words for that one.
So precious, so tiny, thank the almighty Lord that you were able to love on her while you were there and pray over her. It is hard to think of words to say in a situation like that. Wow. You nailed it though. We may not know her name but God sure does and he will not forget her.
God Bless!
I know why God does not put me in those situations - I would have had her in my suitcase to come home with me! God does know her name!
OH MY HEART! Thank you Father for knowing her name and the plans you have in store for her life!
Ditto, Ashley...
plans to prosper her and not to harm her.
Alicia, I don't know how you move past a situation like that.
Her name is Marilyn. God knew that, didn't He ! She shattered my heart ! You'll be happy to know she ate more and was more attentive the second week we visited her. Precious baby ! ~Kim
Post a Comment