Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Talking Points

Sometimes I wonder....what was I thinking??? It's 11:20 at night and I'm supposed to share in my kids' chapel tomorrow morning about Africa. The problem---my heart is so full that I don't know what to share in my 15-20 minutes and how do you make it relevant for a kindergartner and a fifth grader? I really don't know what I'm going to share. I've been praying about it all day....I just need some points--bullet points really because I'll feel much better if I have those walking into chapel tomorrow. But sometimes God gives me stuff at the very last minute....just to make me trust Him even more and so I'll probably be heading to bed soon and hoping that He gives me something at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning. :-)

Or maybe I'll just use Matthew's talking points regarding Korah. These renderings are from Korah night that we had last week. I was concerned that my kids wouldn't sit still and be quiet, but they were great! Matthew even took good notes.

This is Africa. Korah is in Ethiopia, Africa.



This is the trash dump where many of the children live or come for food.


And this is how you can help.

Sponsor a kid. Letters to the kid. Pictures. Bag collapsible (buy them one). Bible Verse. Encourage them. Small goodies. Gifts, clothes. $700 (a year for boarding school). No shoes. Girls large shirts. Live in the trash. Build their faith. No candy. Miss Sumer is moving to Korah.

Matthew won't win the spelling bee, but he wins the prize in my book for having a kind and compassionate heart!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this! :)

Hope it went well today!