So Monday, I debated all day about whether I should've given her consequences for her actions (the previous post explains Elizabeth's lying). She truly had a repentant heart. I heard someone say the other day though that "God never removes the consequences". I don't know what I think about that. Part of me disagrees with that. Part of me agrees with it.
Parenting is hard work!! I was thinking I have one kid who has an attitude, a second kid who complains about just about everything and a third one that has started lying. Honestly, sometimes I just think we're not doing this whole parenting thing well, but then I have to remind myself that the end result will be when they're adults and if they're serving the Lord, then we've had success in parenting!
Monday night I had Bible study and a few of us went to Starbucks afterwards. A lot of the conversation revolved around parenting. How can we do it better? Where's the balance of respect and love in parenting? And on and on the conversation went. I got home around 9:30 and Elizabeth ran down the stairs and said, "Momma, I asked Jesus into my heart."
Bam!! God hit me over the head. The resounding question was, "Do you trust Me?" God is always working on our behalf even when we can't see it. I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't trust God enough to take our messy parenting and use it to bring about eternal good for His glory. But if we're wholeheartedly seeking Him, I think that's exactly what He does.
And so...this is the sweet note that my daughter wrote to God.
Dear God,
I am sorry to lie. I am a sinner but God I love you. You see I fine, but I see you make me your daughter forever. I am your son. God, why do Satan trick Adam and Eve? Satan is a big fat liar. My God, you are the Lord our God. One day, you are the King. I love you Lord. When I see you I am going to be so happy. So happy I am going to jump. From Elizabeth
To God,
God is our Lord our God. God is alive forever. God you die on the cross for our sins. God you are Lord our God. There is no way that Satan can break you, no way.
And then because we serve such a sweet, sweet God. She ended her note to Him with
Here am I, send me. Isaiah 6:8
(Derek had a Nicaragua tshirt on yesterday proudly sporting that verse)
And that makes this momma so happy!!
In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10
Joy, great joy, unspeakable joy!! For my sweet Elizabeth was lost, but now she's been found by a precious Savior who promises never to leave her or forsake her! I'm so happy I could just JUMP!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
What an awesome example of God making good what Satan intended for destruction. That old devil is wishing he'd never shown her that little gold ring!
I think I'll jump too!!! Yay, Elizabeth!!!
~H
Jumping with you!
jumping!!
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
kath
Thanks for the encouraging story! So happy for you and your sweet family, friend!
love you
Tears of joy over here in Missouri. Awesome. Thanks for sharing! :-)
Yea! So happy for Elizabeth and you guys!
Amanda
Way to show out, God! Really, REALLY Cool!
Sitting here with tears in my eyes and a big fat smile on my face!
Carrie
Heather said it so well!!!
And I'm jumping with you! There is not other parenting moment like the moment when we know they've been found in Christ Jesus!
PRAISE GOD!!!
No greater joy than having your child accept Christ as their Savior!! Hallelujah - we have another sister in Christ!
Post a Comment