Life's been crazy since we returned home on Wednesday night. I lost my phone somewhere on the trip, so Derek and I (mostly Derek) have been researching phone and cell phone plans. Exciting stuff, I know.
But then yesterday morning and this morning, I saw this on my kitchen counter.
This is what I love. Not the craft...what it says. Read Matthew 28:6, "He is not here; for He has risen, just as He said." That makes me want to jump up and shout it from the mountaintops!! Our God is a promise keeping God. His Word is filled with His promises and I can know that they are true and sure. He is faithful and true and He did just like He said He would. He rose again (or got picked up like my little African friends say) on the third day! Yes! Our God lives!
This is why Derek and I are willing to leave our families for weeks at a time. It's hard. It's hard on the one going and it's hard on the one staying home. It's hard to go door to door on Sunday nights and share the gospel. It's hard to take the high road when you just want to yell at people because they are just mean and cruel and unkind. But God! Two words that sum it all up. God keeps His promises! One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. That Jesus did die and that He was buried and three days later He rose again conquering death and sin forevermore.
I don't have any family pictures of Easter this year, but I have one picture of an Easter craft. And that picture is precious to me. Easter's not about the bunny or the candy or the pretty clothes or the egg hunt, it's about His promise and His offer for eternal life. I am thankful that my God lives and that He keeps His promises...every last one of them!
"He is not here; for He has risen, just as He said."



4 comments:
You always manage to speak the words my heart longs to hear. Thank you for being such a faithful child of God. Can't wait to catch up tonight. Love you, Carrie Congdon
If that's the only craft you keep in your collection that's enough. That one is precious enough to frame.
~H
Alicia....beautifully written.
Your heart shines through every word.
Thanks for what you and Derek do all year long!!!
You are an amazing couple and inspire people in what you say and do!!!
Hollis
Tracey's rule is to not read blogs unless asked or if they glorify God. I have recently checked my "Africa friends" to see if there is any trip news. Trace has yours bookmarked. Nuff said. You and Derek are incredible doers of the Word. We love you dearly and admire you greatly.
Keith
Post a Comment