This song has been rolling around in my head since my trip to Africa. You can read Big Nanny's post and you'll understand why. We sang it often in Africa. I haven't played the piano in months, but I've been sitting there picking it out on the keys recently because I can't find my hymnals (did somebody borrow them?).
You can get so overwhelmed by the needs and the poverty and the hopeless and desperate situations. But our sweet Savior is enough. And what a day that will be when they'll be no more sorrow, no more pain and no more tears. To me there is no better song for an HIV Orphanage.
Somebody needs to make sure that this song gets sung at my funeral, because it will always represent the love of my heart....Africa. And Jesse Lee if you're willing, you can come sing it!!
There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye.
All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
Chorus
What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;
And forever I will be with the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
Chorus
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Alicia,
I don't always comment, but I wanted to tell you that I absolutely love this song. I think sometimes it is wasted on our more liberal Southern Baptist sisters! :) We Independent Baptist girls were singing this long before we were ever in a church choir...me, you and Big Nanny! :)
It has gotten me through some of the most difficult times of my life. I tear up when I think of it even today because of the history I have with this song and because I'm also rehearsing it to sing at my grandmother's funeral -- her time is very short here now.
So, if no one else will sing it at your funeral I will! :)
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Dori
Alicia,
I'M IN!!! If that's what one of my ducks want, that's what they'll get. This is probably one my favorite songs EVER. I think that sometimes we, in the U.S., have trouble thinking about that day. We have it so good here, with our nice, comfortable lives, that we even say on occasions... "This or that is a taste of Heaven. When in actuality, if we ever had to live in the hell that a lot of these kids face every day, we would proclaim "What a day" like we never have before. I believe that we as a Church are being called to serve in ways that are WAY out of our comfort zone and that make no sense to us at all. Thank you Alicia and Derek for your servant's heart and your obediencd to His call.
Sincere love,
Jesse
I love this! I do feel I need to brush up on my hymns for my trip. ;)
Love,
Tracey
Post a Comment