Elizabeth has a fascination with bubble gum. She gives it to kids without asking parents...so sorry Sumer -- whose child had bubble gum for the very first time thanks to sweet Elizabeth.
Elizabeth decided to stand right in front of Derek's brand new tv and practice blowing bubbles with bubble gum. Unfortunately the bubble gum didn't stay in her mouth, but instead landed right in the middle of the new tv screen. And of course it wouldn't make sense to tell your parents, rather just get a paper towel and smear it so that the entire middle of the screen from top to bottom is a sticky mess. And even then, don't tell your parents...just wait until they find it themselves.
So Derek found it and it took a lot of self control to keep from yelling at Elizabeth, but he didn't (He's so patient and self-controlled, it's really quite amazing). He was frustrated though and said, "the tv is ruined". Believing that all answers exist on google, I told him to look up laptop screens and tv screens along with the word bubble gum. Surely, someone else has had this same experience.
Not so much....but we did find one site that said to try a combination of rubbing alcohol and water. That didn't do much. And so, we got out the peanut butter. And believe it or not, it worked. We used some peanut butter and a t-shirt and patiently worked and got the gum off the screen. We didn't know what the pb would do to the screen and it appeared a bit oily at first, but we wiped it down several times and hoped that the tv would work and not have a big oil stain in the middle.
And it worked...so just in case you ever end up with bubble gum on your tv screen, you'll know just what to do!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Don't blame me! Papa.
In addition to don't blame me, I should have said blame Bob Tokar in Detroit. He's the one that started it!. Papa.
Ha ha! Good info. for any parent to store away. And someday you'll all be laughing about this story!
Ohhh I'm so glad for Elizabeth's sake that Derek is such a good daddy! We'll be calling him to parent our children WHEN that happens to us...and I'm sure it will.
~H
Another good reason you should always have peanut butter with you..lol.
My best save came from Heather after Avery's ipod shuffle got washed...and dried! We put it in a bowl of rice for what seemed like forever, checking it everyday. Eventually, it absorbed the water!
Derek IS the calmest man I know!
Tracey =)
I thought your post would be about gum in her hair when I read your title. Your husband is great- no yelling? I'm impressed. She has a great daddy (and mama, too, of course :) Thanks for the tip. I'll file it away for the future.
Post a Comment