Saturday, June 20, 2009

A First


So Derek and our kids have never been to see a drive-in movie. I find it fascinating that Derek's never been. Why, I don't know? I just thought that everyone went to the drive-in when they were younger.

So we drove down to the drive-in and it was "real country". As we drove through town, I told Derek I felt like I was driving through Paris, Tennessee or Mayfield, Kentucky (both small hometowns for my parents). I grew up in a large suburb, so these small towns are very different to me. It's always fun to do something out of the ordinary though and the kids enjoyed it. Really, I think they enjoyed the popcorn, licorice, junior mints, rasinets, dots, etc.

We were exhausted by the time we arrived home at 1 a.m. Next time, we may not stay for the double feature.

Check it out
if you're interested and live in the area.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Yeah...how did Derek never go to a drive in movie??? Well...it sounded like a blast that I must partake in with my own as I re-live my past...oh the days of a simple life and a car full of sugary,not good for you eat till your belly aches is a must do!

Sumer said...

It is funny to see my hometown listed on the blog! We did have a drive in theatre just outside of town that we used to go to quite often! Although I normally just ate popcorn and then fell asleep in the backseat while my parents watched the movie. :)

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

I remember going to drive-in movies as a kid and then as a teen. They are all gone around this area. Funny thing - they used to run good family films and they were packed...and then they began running risque (a nice way to say it!) movies and they weren't so full of cars any more and now they are gone. What does that tell them!!