Friday, June 12, 2009

Brokenhearted

One of my former high school students lost her husband this morning. He was in the hospital with pneumonia and things just got progressively worse. He was 28 years old (so young!) and left behind a loving wife, a 4 yr. old son and twin 2 year old girls.

I know all the right answers. I know that God is sovereign and that He has a purpose in all of this, but it just stinks. I know that there will be a great testimony on the other side of this. I know that God will be her strength, peace and comfort, but I'm brokenhearted that she has to walk through this. Life is so hard and unfair at times.

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Pray for Alicia and her family. Pray for Austin, Brooklyn and Brianna as they've lost their daddy. How difficult the days ahead will be.

Love on your family today...you are never promised tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pamela Johnson said...

wow! will definitely be praying for them. always a hard reminder!

Kyla said...

I am so sorry to hear this! they will be in our prayers