"Seeing what needs to be done and doing it."
So we've started a new devotional series at our house where you focus on one virtue a month. Check it out at http://www.familytimes.org/
So one of last night's discussion questions was about "What if the parents stopped doing things around the house for a week? What would happen?" Well, you and I know the logical answers to those questions, but a 9, 7 and 6 year old think that would make for an awesome household. So, we (Derek and I) officially went on "partial strike".
Stephen did a load of wash last night, the boys cleaned the bathrooms, Elizabeth cleaned out the coloring book/crafting drawers (there are three of them), and on the list goes.
This morning they packed their lunches all by themselves and there is peanut butter everywhere....on Stephen's shirt, on Stephen's pants, on Matthew's shirt, on Matthew's pants, on Elizabeth's blouse, on Elizabeth's skirt, on the door handle, on the bathroom cabinet knobs, on the counter along with a bunch of grape jelly. They cleaned it up and went to school wearing some extra peanut butter this morning.
When they get home from school today, there are piles of clothes in their bedrooms that need to be folded and I'm assuming they're serving us cereal for dinner or that we're going out to eat.
Life could really change at this house and I just might end up with a clean house out of the deal. We'll see how long it lasts...
If they learn some initiative, then it will all be worth it!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Love it!!!
I just hope that no one at their school had a peanut allergy;)
Let us know how it goes...we might need to do the same thing!!!
sounds like a plan to me. give us more details in a few days!
Post a Comment